The Ambassador Program
“Seeking the Difference”
The ALH Ambassadors program is designed for high school Juniors and Seniors who are interested in pursuing a career in healthcare. Our selection committee will interview and select a diverse group of Juniors and Seniors from our local schools to participate for the 2023 – 2024 school year.
ALH Ambassadors will be provided the following opportunities:
- Exposure to hospital operations through participation in bi-monthly service line “Lunch and Learn Lectures” to include a service line tour.
- Opportunities to gain community service hours important for college preparation.
- Experiences working with people from different generations, cultures and diverse backgrounds.
- Exposure to a variety of different career paths available in healthcare.
- Opportunities to enhance skills such as communication, leadership, teamwork, ethical responsibilities and serving one’s community.
- Opportunities to make connections and build relationships with others who can serve as references for college and career pursuits.
- Special Guest at ALH Events and Representation of ALH Ambassador’s Program at local city and county events.
ALH Ambassador’s Program Requirements
- Must be a current Junior or Senior in High School at Athens City Schools, Limestone County Schools, Athens Bible School and Lindsay Lane Christian Academy.
- Requires 3.5 GPA or higher
- Friendly and outgoing demeanor
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to attend hospital orientation
- Commitment to attend Bi-monthly “Lunch and Learn Lectures”
- Commitment to 30 service hours per semester throughout the 2023-2024 school year
- Must be compliant with COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate
- Commitment to attend and represent ALH Ambassadors at designated ALH events
ALH Ambassador’s Service Hours Opportunities
- ALH Ambassadors will be provided service hours opportunities in the following roles:
- Greeting patients and visitors at ALH entrances
- Delivering flowers or gifts to inpatients
- Providing direction throughout the facility for patients and visitors
- Departmental support of special projects and initiatives
- Support at ALH Foundation Events such as Crystal Cup Golf Tournament, Canebrake Witches Ride