Patient & Family Advisory Council
The Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC) of Athens-Limestone Hospital (ALH) is comprised of individuals who wish to assist the hospital in improving the patient experience through consumer feedback, as well as community members who are aligned with the hospital’s strategy for growth, in order to match or exceed the rate of expansion seen in the surrounding area. Whether a patient, family member, or invested community member, our desire is for the council to take an active role in improving the hospital in all aspects. We have challenged ourselves to curate a diverse group of people who have experiences across the spectrum of services we offer, or who are partners with various organizations within our community. In this manner, ALH will have access to perspectives from individuals hailing from all walks of life. The council will focus on programs and practices that will represent the most successful patient and family experience within ALH and will help to replicate and share those best practices across the organization.
- Council members must be able to use Zoom, an online virtual meeting platform, as 3 of 4 council meetings will be held utilizing this software application.
- Submitting and signing the application does not guarantee acceptance to the PFAC. Acceptance is based on the current need of the hospital. All applicants will be contacted by mid-March indicating if their participation is requested or if all council positions have been filled.
Council members are selected based on one or more of the following:
- Recommended by a member of the hospital’s senior leadership
- Have current or past experiences as a patient or family member at ALH
- Exhibits the ability to represent patient care experiences and is able to share feedback in a safe and effective manner
- Willing to offer feedback regarding the organization’s growth and relationship within the community
- Strong communication skills to include active listening
- Ability to interact well with different groups of people
- Commits to serving a one (1) year term which will conclude at the end of calendar year 2023; is agreeable to attending a minimum of two (2) of the quarterly meetings.
*Tentative dates for 2023 include: March 24th (in person), June 23rd (Zoom), September 22nd(Zoom), December 15th (Zoom)
Non-eligible persons include: current hospital employees
Applications deadline is February 24, 2023.