Athens-Limestone Hospital now offers an Online Patient Record Request tool for the following individuals to request patient records:
- Patients requesting their own records
- Parents of minor patients requesting records
- Caregivers acting on behalf of a patient (i.e. Power of Attorney)
- A copy of the Power of Attorney will need to be attached at the end while completing this request using our online tool.
- If patient is deceased, please make sure to attach a copy of death certificate.
The Online tool verifies your identity by asking for a photo of your driver's license or valid photo ID (Driver’s License, Military or State/Government ID, Passport, Work Photo Badge, Non-Driver Identification Card or Other photo Identification) which can be taken via webcam or smartphone.
There is no additional charge to use this service. Once Medical Records receives a request, it takes seven to 7-10 business days to process the request.
Please note, Chrome, Safari and Firefox are the recommended browsers for this application. If you encounter any issues with your electronic request, please call our Medical Records Department at (256) 233-9464.
If your records are needed for treatment or for an appointment within the next 48-72 hours, your physician can request records by fax (256) 233-9279 when you arrive in his/her office for treatment. If medical records are needed for continuing care, there is no charge when records are faxed directly to your physician or the facility providing treatment.
Fees for patients request:
- Receive by Mail/paper copy: $0.12 per page
- Receive by eDelivery/PDF: Flat $6.50
- No Charges to veterans or active duty military personnel with Military Identification.